Ok, so you have an old HP C4100 series printer and you would like to use it again on your new computer. You are in the right place this post will guide you through the entire process of setting up and Resetting your HP C4100 series printer.
List of Applicable Printer Models – This HP C4100 Printer series consist of 6 specific printer models. If you have any of the printers below, then this post is for you. Otherwise, most likely you have a different printer. Use the search box on the right to search for the appropriate document for your product.
- PhotoSmart C4110
- PhotoSmart C4140
- PhotoSmart C4150
- PhotoSmart C4180
- PhotoSmart C4183
- PhotoSmart C4188
Make sure your printer is working properly
- Powercycle the printer.
- Print a test page by simultaneously pressing the “Cancel” and “Start Copy Color” buttons.
- If it does not print, then you may need to reset the printer.
Resetting the Printer
- Make sure the printer is Turned On.
- Press and hold the “left arrow” and the “Setup” ( wrench icon) key simultaneously for 5 seconds.
- You should see an option to “Enter Special Key Combo”
- Just press the “Ok” button.
- You should see the support menu. Navigate to the reset menu and select semi-full reset.
- Print a test page and see if you are now able to printer.
Installing the Hp PhotoSmart C4100 Driver to your Computer
- If you don’t have the installation disc, you may download the driver and software for your printer from hp.com here. Make sure you save it somewhere where you can easily find, I recommend putting it on your desktop screen.
- Make sure you select your product and your operating system accordingly. Below are the supported operating systems for your printer.
- Windows Xp
- Windows Vista
- Windows 7 and 8
- All Mac OS
- Once the download is finished make sure the printer is Turned ON and the USB cable is disconnected from your computer. Just have it ready so you can connect it later.
- Check if you have other HP softwares installed on your computer. If you have softwares from old printers that you no longer use, I recommend that you remove and uninstall them.
- Find your downloaded and run it.
- It should start installing your software, just follow the on-screen instructions, until you are prompted to connect the USB cable.
- Connect the USB cable and let the Installation finish.
- Print a test page from your computer.