Are you having problems with your HP Photosmart C4380 Series printer? You can at the right place. In this post, I will show you the most common printer problem this HP series printer encounters.
There are several specific Hp printer models under this series:
- PhotoSmart C4300
- PhotoSmart C4340
- PhotoSmart C4342
- PhotoSmart C4343
- PhotoSmart C4344
- PhotoSmart C4345
- PhotoSmart C4348
- PhotoSmart C4380
- PhotoSmart C4382
- PhotoSmart C4383
- PhotoSmart C4384
- PhotoSmart C4385
All these printer models are practically the same and are labelled differently according the region where it is being distributed. These printer models also has the same issues. I will be listing some below:
- Wireless Printer Setup Problem – While this is a relatively simple printer, setting it up to printer wirelessly from your computer can be a daunting task. You may encounter issues with it being connected into your existing network via your router.
- Slow printing – This printer also tend to slowdown printing speed.
- Sleep mode issues – the printer also tends to go Offline all of a sudden and goes into sleep mode requiring you to perform a power cycle to it so it can function again.
- Print Jobs stuck on the queue – This can be easily fixed by restarting the print spooler. However, if that does not do the job then resetting the printer may be a good idea.
Resetting can fix a lot of issues on your Hp Photosmart C4280 printer. While doing a power cycle on the printer does the job, some issues may need you to reset your printer, which can be access by pressing a series of combo keys into the secret menus.
Reset Procedure Secret Combo Keys
- Simultaneously Press and hold the “Cancel” and “Power” buttons.
- You will see a message asking you to enter aSpecial Key Combo. The combo key is to press the blue, green, grey buttons in the following order ( blue > green > gray).
- The “Support Menu” should now be visible.
- Go to the Resets menu you may use the the blue, green, and grey buttons to navigate left, right, and enter.
- There a Three types of resets available. Partial, Semi-full, and Full Reset. Each of this reset can be used for certain issues. If you just need to reset the printer into a responsive state, then you can use the partial reset. If it does not work, then you may use the semi or full reset. Note that these reset procedures will delete all the settings on your printer to factory defaults.